View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 11:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
To me it's not my place to say that word... so I avoid it. LOL That's too funny that someone else avoids it too!
I don't dislike "deserve," but I tend to avoid it, too. To me, we all deserve basic human rights, like a safe place to live, enough food to eat, freedom to make our own choices, caring adults who act in our best interest (for kids), etc. I don't use deserve for things we might earn, have or not have happen, or anything other than basic rights type stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
There are so many words/language that bother me.....a lot within the disability/accessibility space. A lot of the time it comes from misunderstanding or the fact society has evolved. The word or phrase that bothered me the most was a government benefit name that I was receiving as a person with a long term disability or health need. Pre mid 2013, it was known as “invalids benefit” which I hated.....just because I have a disability or long term health condition doesn’t make me invalid automatically.
Wow, that's a terrible name for the living assistance you were receiving! At least they finally changed it.

Last edited by rach3975; 04-05-2021 at 11:23 PM.