Thread: Dream Job
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 09:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

what a great story Lorie my friend, and I have seen how you have grown as a designer over many years... and continue to grow, you are amazing.

my dream job... I finally am living it.. full time designer. I left my job after 16 years in December of last year... had been wanting to do that for some time and when Covid hit... that was it for me. I actually still freelance for them which is fine as I can do it from home and it's a very easy job to do, plus the money doesn't hurt, lol.

I always wanted to do something with design and landed up in publications when I first started out. I worked on one of Australia's most popular women's magazines for a few years... we worked weekends and through the night when Princess Diana passed... was an amazing experience to see how a popular magazine functioned. I love working in publications. but I love designing more, lol.

Everyone sounds amazing at what you do and what your dreams are. I am waiting, not so patiently, until this Covid mess is over and Australia becomes part of the world again and then, as I told my husband... I will make his head spin with all the travelling I want us to do... and then I will scrap them.