Thread: Dream Job
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 07:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I am thinking about starting in middle school and just seeing where it goes. I could always do college too if I don't like it since I'll have a master's. I could begin working on my Ph.D. at some point, too.

That is what I do. It's just a hobby now. I love traveling and I take a ton of pictures while there.
My son teaches middle school English. He has his masters too and the thing that stinks is that in our area, his salary is not compensated for the extra education. He taught at the college level for years and really prefers it, but most colleges are not taking on full time professors to save on the benefit packages. It worked for a bit, but then his wife, who was a nurse and carried their insurance and stuff, wanted to go back to medical school, so he needed to get something with the benefits while she went to school. They are talking about him going back to being an adjunct professor once she graduates next year. If he does that, he can also be the main caregiver for my future grand babies, which he is totally down with, which she is the main breadwinner, which she is totally down with. I am down with anything that may get me a grandbaby some day. LOL