Thread: Dream Job
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 07:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Lorie, I love that you're willing to share your story and I'm so glad you pursued your passion. I definitely admire you designers! You're are what makes our pages come to life. Sometimes I feel guilty when people compliment me on my pages, because they would be total crap if I wasn't working with your designs!

[knocks on wood] I feel pretty happy about my career. I'm a Sr. Director of Strategic Planning & Analytics for a F100 company. I can't think of a career that would be a better fit. I love photography, etc, but I could see myself getting annoyed dealing with clients.

In a perfect world, I'd only work 2-3 days per week or I'd be a socialite, ha!! I like to be busy. I'm definitely not full time SAHM/homemaker material. That's not my jam and I'm totally ok with that. I love being a parent, but not all day, lol <- how's that for candor?
LOL, I love your candor, cause I totally get it. I love my son, but being at home everyday is not for me. Even though I am a total homebody.

I would love to do 4 ten hour days each week at my office job, but so far, I have not been able to convince anyone to let me. I think a four day week would be awesome, but your idea of 2 or 3 is even better.

As to being a socialite... I would totally fail at that. But I wouldn't mind being the head of a charity and working to improve the lives of people or animals and mingling with socialites to get their donations. LOL