Thread: Dream Job
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 08:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Lorie thank you for sharing your story. I love hearing how designers got into this..

Like you ... I need my day job for security. But my dream job would be to write full time. I am a published poet and have published 4 books so far. I have been published in various literary journals, magazines, had poems commissioned for another authors books and have been included in a local art exhibit. I just recently got my books included in my hometown library for circulation and in 2 of the Grand Rapids library branches for circulation.

I write poetry for therapy it is my passion and it has helped me heal through some tough times. I love sharing my poetry with others and having people connect. If I could make enough to live on with my poetry I'd be beyond the moon with joy. Until then I keep writing, sharing, and publishing my words for others.
I'm pretty sure we've talked about the fact that you and my son have poetry in common. I think it is amazing that you are a published poet! I love poetry and used to write it myself, which is how my son got started, but he blows me out of the water.

Poetry is a thing of beauty, but it's really hard to make a living at, so I totally understand where you are coming from with the day job. I wish more people appreciated the majesty of a well written poem, but I think less and less people are actually reading anything but social media these days.

If you don't mind, link us up to some of your work on line. I would love to read it and share it with my son.