View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 04:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I'm sitting here gearing up for my least favorite chore, and that is cleaning our Florida room. It's a carpeted, screened in room off the back of our house, and it gets filthy. I have to haul seven huge chairs, a heavy table, a deck box, and a grill out front to the drive way to scrub and hose everything down. And I have to haul out the hose from the shed. And it's supposed to be 90 degrees today. Yay! My favorite part is trying to vacuum up all the dead bug carcasses that get clog the hose. But, I'm having my family over to celebrate by sister's 60th, so I have to get it done. I should quit stalling. lol
I am totally feeling you right now. It's 90 degrees here as well and I just finished cleaning out and organizing my garage, with the help of my son and DIL. OMG, I thought I would melt. We got the cleaning all done, there wasn't much because I do not keep things, so that was pretty easy. Building the new storage shelves is taking longer than we had hoped, but my DIL is the only one who is good at building stuff. My son is like me, he can decorate, but he can't build. Life lesson from a single mom did not include building. LOL

On a side note, I thought I would need to get a dumpster to get rid of the bigger items I no longer wanted and my DIL said no. She took pictures of the stuff, dinning table and chairs, lawnmower, weed whacker, old storage shelves, freezer, etc and posted them on FB market place saying they were free and everything except a garage door opener, a salmon ladder and a boxing dummy were gone in less then two hours and that curb was full. It was crazy, but to be honest, I throw out some good stuff when I get tired of it. But some lady tried to take stuff that wasn't even on the curb. I had to explain to her that things in the actual garage were not free. WTH? LOL