View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 07:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
What grade? Are you a first year teacher?

I'm finishing up my degree. Two semesters after this summer. I'm doing a program that doesn't require me to have a student teaching semester (I do work in a school and my time with students is considered student teaching). I had the opportunity to teach on a limited license next year but ultimately decided I didn't want the stress of a being a first year teacher on top of finishing up my degree and taking the Praxis. I am changing positions though which is where my silver lining comes in.
I believe that is a smart move of waiting while finishing up your degree! Teaching takes up so much of your time...at least being in a new position or being a first year.

I'm teaching fourth grade this year and this is my first time teaching this grade. I taught 1st and 2nd grade before for 7 years, but I haven't been a full time teacher since I gave birth to my daughter, who is in fourth grade this year too! So it has been about 8 years since I taught. It has been a lot of work preparing and I had my first 3 days this past week (we started Wednesday). This week will be my first full week with the students and now really getting into the curriculum. This is why I haven't been around much here, sadly. I'm trying to get into a new routine and right now teaching is taking up all my extra time too.

Best of luck finishing your degree and that is nice that you don't have to do another semester for student teaching.