View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 09:45 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

One of the good things about just starting over after a 10+ year break is it has made me get rid of all my old kits and 99% of the freebies I picked up along the way. I am on a buying spree now to get more up to date kits which has been fun.

I have folder categories like those listed above and then each kit inside the folder and then in each kit folder I have the preview file and a folder for elements, papers and alphas. No matter how the designers sort their files I only use these three folders. It makes it less cluttered for me.

It looks like this:

Category ---> Kits ----> Kit Name---> Preview, Element folder, Paper Folder, Alpha Folder

I also have just created a spreadsheet by stores I shop of each kit I purchase and who the designer is so I can keep track and if I can quickly look and see if I have already purchased it.

Each store I shop has a spreadsheet with columns for kits, columns for templates and columns for other. the column headers are Kit Name, Type of kit (ie kit, template, styles, etc), Creators name, More info (I usually just write if it was a free kit) and the store name

Seems like overkill but I have repurchased kits a few times in the old days and really don't want to do that again