View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 11:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
I believe that is a smart move of waiting while finishing up your degree! Teaching takes up so much of your time...at least being in a new position or being a first year.

I'm teaching fourth grade this year and this is my first time teaching this grade. I taught 1st and 2nd grade before for 7 years, but I haven't been a full time teacher since I gave birth to my daughter, who is in fourth grade this year too! So it has been about 8 years since I taught. It has been a lot of work preparing and I had my first 3 days this past week (we started Wednesday). This week will be my first full week with the students and now really getting into the curriculum. This is why I haven't been around much here, sadly. I'm trying to get into a new routine and right now teaching is taking up all my extra time too.

Best of luck finishing your degree and that is nice that you don't have to do another semester for student teaching.

Have a great year! I think I'd enjoy 4th grade. I work with 2nd and 3rd graders. Our district has grade level centers and our building only has those two grades. PreK through 1st is in one building and 4th and 5th in another. I've been in this building for 10 years, so all of my experience falls into those two grades! You started back early! I noticed that several of my friends had kids starting back already. We go back August 19th for the kids, the 16th for staff. I'm thankful for another 2.5 weeks off. I worked with tech dept the first 3 weeks of break and then I had classes until last week. It only now feels like summer has begun!