View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Big massive ((((HUGS)))) Lala... It took amazing courage to post that... Being honest with yourself, and your friends, gives you the best chance to heal and get past this. Give yourself a pat on the back La - you have been through such an ordeal, and been so strong. You are an amazing mother to give Connor the support he needed through this too... IDK what else to say, but knowing you, and what a private person you are (as I am), you have made me cry because I know how hard this must have been for you to put out there ((HUGS))

Having cut off a very abusive relationship myself (not with my partner/husband, but a family member), I know it can be hard NOT to blame yourself. I'm only starting to realise I'm not that bad a person and that's three years later - I still catch myself thinking "oh, maybe it's just me, maybe if I'd been a better person, etc, stuff wouldn't have happened blah blah", point the blame at myself, even feel like it's my fault that her life is even more of out of control now. But then I started to find out that this person had done similar things to other people in my family (like randomly trying to stab people O_o) because I wasn't there to take it anymore, and the penny finally dropped that it wasn't ME with the problem. That I'm really not that bad and people DO like me and don't have ulterior motives... Finally!

So I know what a release it can be to realise that... To finally accept yourself for who you are and that who you are isn't a bad thing. I'm glad that you have started to see that. Love you xxxxx

Last edited by Zoe Pearn; 01-07-2014 at 08:09 PM.