View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 11:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think the Calphalon vary a lot by which line the products come from. I have one of their pots that I've had since probably our newlywed days, so 20 years ago. I think it may have been from one of their lines that was meant for serious home cooks (ie, not professional quality but close). I got a good deal on it, but otherwise it would have cost more than I'd ever spend on a pot! That one is still going strong, but when I've bought some of their less expensive pots and pans they've only lasted a few years.

I have a few stainless steel pots that I use often and like. Most of them were my mother's first, so they're also a few decades old and still work well. They're Farberware aluminum clad stainless steel. (I have no idea if those are still made!) I find them easy to clean, but I guess it depends on what you cook in them. I also have a stainless steel WearEver pot that I got off Amazon 3 to 5 years ago, and it's still in great shape.

I haven't been able to make the switch to stainless steel pans. I've cooked eggs in my sister's and no thank you on that clean up! I've bought a few of the new "healthier" non-stick pans, but I always have to replace them after a few years.