Thread: Languages
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 07:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What country are you from? USA

What is your native language? English

What other languages can you speak, if any? Had a semester of Spanish in High School and my teacher told me that I do not have an ear for languages so it would be best if I would drop Spanish. haha. I used to know Sign Language... my mom is deaf (has CIs), but she is a amazing at reading lips so I didn't use it much. I've brushed up on it a bit with my son in classes, but he isn't interested in learning any more sign. He is all about Latin.

If you don't speak any other languages, is there one you wish you did? Why? I would love to learn any other language, I'm not fussy. I wish I could understand Latin better - I can not, for the life of me, make it stick... I would love to learn German as that is my "people"... my grandma used to speak German to my great grandma when I was a kid... I would love to learn Russian so I knew what my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are always talking about at family gathers, we suspect they are plotting our deaths... I would love to learn Italian so I could talk to my other sister-in-law and her family (she is from Italy). And I would like to learn Spanish or Hmong as they are many in this area.