Thread: Christmas Gifts
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am always a bit of a Grinch, to be honest. I have yet to put up my little 2 foot tree, but I did finish all my shopping.

Since my son is grown, I usually just get him a few small presents. I do my the same for my DIL and then give them a joint gift of money as well. I figure a young couple just starting out can usually use a few extra bucks more than they can new sweaters. LOL

The thing I enjoy most about the holidays is adopting a family for Christmas. I got to buy for a 4 year old girl and her grandmother, so I got her 4 outfits, a coat and hat, boots, 2 pajama sets, Shine and Shimmer dolls, some Barbie stuff and something called LOL Surprise. For the grandma, who, bless her, only asked for a pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt, I got her 3 sweat suits and some bath and body stuff.

I do all my shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday to get the good deals so that I can get them more. My son and his wife are buying for the baby in the family and my sister is taking care of the mom and the household basket that is a requirement.

Next Saturday, we will all meet at my sister's house and wrap the presents together and have dinner afterward. I think we actually enjoy this day more than Christmas itself because helping others is so much more rewarding and reflective of the true meaning of the season, than buying meaningless gifts for people who have everything they need.