View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 09:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I agree that two of these deal with hopeful ideas... however, the motivation behind each came from different places. #13 for heavier heartfelt topics & #15 for lighter more carefree & fun topics. Two sides of the same coin, perhaps?

#13. Journal : Looking Forward ... journal about how your personal experiences of 2020 have directly influenced and shaped your hopes for 2021. This prompt was really meant to inspire a deeper reflection on your hopes and wishes for the coming year. For example, my family's health and isolation severely impacted our daily lives, and the choices and sacrifices we made together.

#15. List : Top 10
Scrap a page that features a list of the top 10 things you're most hopeful about in 2021.
I think Top 10 lists, in general, are usually pretty superficial... so the idea behind this prompt was meant to be like a lighter twist on things you're hopeful about. Like finally being able to send my kids back to school, hoping my husband will finally learn where his hamper is located and discover what it's true purpose is, having the luxury of being able to spend 25 minutes in the store trying to decide which laundry softener smells the best before I buy it. Light, silly, fun things...

#16. Pop Culture : New Year's Resolutions... hope never crossed my mind for this one - lol. Resolutions for me are all about setting attainable goals and mapping out methods on how to best achieve them. Resolutions at our house are all about focusing on what you want to change or new directions you'd like to explore and then creating pathways forward that will help to ensure that you are successful. Of course, if resolutions aren't your thing then maybe you could focus on simple goals to set or changes you'd like to make for yourself or your family.

Does that help? I hope.... lol.

ETA: Another idea is to create your Top 10 List for #15 and then choose ONE of those items from that list & make it the focus of your page for #13.

Also, these are just suggestions. You could absolutely make your journaling page fun rather than heartfelt. In the end, it's all about YOU and what inspires you to create pages that are meaningful to you. Interpretation is key... bend the prompt to work for you, if that's what's needed ♥

Last edited by lingovise; 01-02-2021 at 01:54 PM.