View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

total point=30 pts

1 - Lift a portfolio layout by one of the Sugar Babes! This month the Sugar Babes created pages based on this July Portfolio. These layouts can be found in the gallery or rotating on the site’s home page. Your challenge is to lift one of the Babes' portfolio layouts!
1 pt.

i lifted Heather's My Sunshine

4 – Color inspiration! Look at this color chart and choose a description
that fits you - then scrap using the color and description on your page!
1 pt

i picked blossom:
you are able to gently say the things that your friends need to hear.
you have a lovely smile but you need to smile much more often.
you are too serious and you need to be more tolerant of failure-
both in yourself and in others.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...93&ppuser=1264

5 – Fourth of July, Canada Day, Bastille Day…use your country’s colors and create a page centered on your country’s patriotic day even if it’s not in July!
1 pt + 1 pt NR (heather's american made)

[b]7 - Scrap your (or your child's) first name. Discover the etymology behind your name and scrap a page about it, how does it fit you? does it? What name would you rather have based on the etymology?
1 pt.[b]
MADELYN--The name Madelyn means 'Woman from Magdala'
The name originates from the follower of Jesus named Mary Magdalene, who scholars believe means Mary from Magdala. The term Magdala means 'the tower'. There are two Magdalas, one on the coast of the Sea of Galilee, better known as Migdal, and the other on the River Yarmouk, is know known as Umm Quai
It also mean she is very pretty and smart!

9 – Choose one of these album covers as a starting point for a page!
i used the radiohead cover
1 pt + 1 pt. NR Traci's Rapidfire

10 – Living on the edge - design a page (or card) using only the edge of your page. If you split your page in thirds - nothing can cross into the second third.
1 pt. + 1 pt. NR (meg's after the rain)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...51&ppuser=1264

11 – Use frames on your page – but leave a lot of white space inside of them like this photo display.
1 pt.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...64&ppuser=1264

14 – Keepin' Cool - scrap a page that shows how you keep cool during the hot summer. Maybe reading inside, going to the movies, making a tent with the kids, having a cool treat or drink. Let your "coolness" shine!
1 pt

17 - It's time for one of our steady favorites again! Paper 2 Digi! Browse Elizabeth Carney’s gallery and lift one of her amazing layouts! Paper 2 Digi is always a blast and a great chance to try out some new techniques!
1 pt

i lifted

23 – Go on location-search for a brand new space to use for a mini-photo shoot. Shoot and Scrap.
2 pts

26 – Photo challenge – choose one of the challenges from this great list and use the photos you take on a layout!
2 pts

i chose
A photo depicting an emotion.

29 – Head on over to the Daily Post and choose one of the journaling prompts. Now scrap your journaling!
Describe the last time you were truly surprised.
2 pts

30 – Create a page that tells about what your creativity means to you.
2 pts

Five Point Tasks - 10 Primary Points Possible
31 - Pick 3 topics around “What was the last…?” and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:
31a – What was the last thing you did that was brave?

31b – What was the last book you finished?

31d - What was the last song you listened to?
Geek In The Pink by Jason Mraz

32 - Life Lessons 2011 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Life's Little Lessons Album! One of the greatest things we can pass along to our loved ones is the stories of lessons we've learned in our own lives, so this year we're challenging you to do a little soul searching and create an album of these little learning experiences.
Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:
32a – “In life, you should always keep it real…even when it doesn’t make you look the best.”

32b – “When you say ‘yes’ to others, make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.”

32d - “You can only be young once, but you can always be immature.”

Last edited by emmasmommy; 07-22-2011 at 12:10 AM.