View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's a true story: I am not good at scrapping pages without templates. Not only am I not good at it, I just don't enjoy it that much. It's taken me awhile to come to peace with this. Page design is just not my favorite part of the process. I like taking and editing photos, I like telling stories, I like playing with colors and patterns. Page design just doesn't come naturally to me. It takes me 10x as long.

That said, every once in awhile I randomly come across inspiration that leads to a page I love!
This page was inspired by a magazine ad that had the state of TX with a bunch of words in it, that I just loved:

This page (from 2013...still one of my favorite pages from FIVE years ago now...goes to show you how infrequently I love my non-template pages), I made from an image of a place setting from a portfolio challenge.

this is the inspiration image:

Apart from random occurrences like that, there is literally no rhyme or reason. Sometimes I just layer random shapes and clip papers to them, sometimes I find sketches on Pinterest as a starting point...sometimes I sit and stare at a blank canvas until I say to myself "this is silly!" and open up a template.

The beauty of digital scrapbooking is you can play around with page design and if you hate the outcome, all you've "wasted" is time...and even that isn't wasted as you're learning along the way!

Thus concludes motivational hour with Sara.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda