View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 02:23 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

My system is super similar.

I have a Themes folder and Basics folder, then within the themes are kits and templates, word art, etc. for each each.

Basics holds everything non-themed. Templates folder has subfolders for double, single, and pocket, then within double and single, they're sorted by number of photos. I also have folders in Basics for alphas, generic elements like buttons, flowers, ribbons, etc., papers, text paths, etc.

I'm definitely going to check out the software posted, though. I'm an organization nerd, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I have a big scrap folder. Inside there are subcategories for Templates and then kits by theme. I have Christmas kits, Life - Mundane, Life - Positive, Life - Sad/Grieving, Childhood, Family, Home, other holidays, etc. Each kit is sorted by theme. Inside that theme each kit has a folder. SSD kits are marked with a '~' symbol at the beginning to bring them to the top of my kits. Since I really only do challenges here, it is easier to find them that way.

In my templates folder, the themed ones are pulled into separate subfolders. The rest have a number in front of them based on the number of photo slots available. If I have 4 photos I want to scrap, I scroll down to the 4's and look for the template that catches my eye.

I will check out the software! I like the system I used (I am pretty sure Traci Reed posted about something similar) but am always open to changes.