View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 11:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got a new laptop in February and it's made all the difference in the amount of scrapping I've been doing.

And I hear ya about it becoming stale. It's hard, this is my 14th year and you feel like you're repeating so many things when it comes to the holiday and birthday layouts. I find those don't even excite me anymore, I just have to cross them off my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I have scrapped a LOT in the last 6-9 months (pre-COVID, anyways) so I have most things scrapped up to mid-2018. I don't scrap chronologically like you do, Vanessa, but I organize & print them that way.

Adjusting to working & schooling & parenting from home 24/7 during quarantine meant I had less time & energy for scrapping but I've gotten better about managing my time and kids. I also purchased a new laptop 2 weeks ago which has made scrapping MUCH easier & faster. I'm waiting on my sister's fiance to check out my EHD cord, and then I can get my supplies organized with Biancka's DigiScrapCatalog program and try out scrapping mix & match (which I haven't done since my ACDSee crashed 5+ years ago). I admire Kayleigh Wiles' work so very much, and she does so much color coordination mix & match work that I'd love to try to incorporate more into my regular scrapping.

I am currently wrapping up my Countdown to Christmas album from 2019 (about halfway through) and the rest of my photos of my grandfather who passed away last October + working on a quarantine album and on my PL for 2020. I think that we will be voluntarily sheltering in place for another month so I should be able to finish my C2C album and my grandfather's photos by then.

I think there will be a second wave and another mandatory SIP in the next 6-8 weeks but if there's not, I will pause my quarantine album once we're able to gather in large groups e.g. concerts, church, etc. and then end it a few months later with a few "new normal" layouts contrasting what life was like pre-quarantine, during quarantine, and post-quarantine.

I was planning on just incorporating the layouts about my grandfather into our regular chronological albums but maybe I will also pull them out into a special album. My son is only 6 and won't remember his great-grandfather (the greatest travesty of all) so it would be nice to have a stand-alone album about him that can be flipped through and talked about as my son gets older.

I have been doing this a really long time and it's starting to feel a little stale so my overall goal is just to inject some new energy & passion into my beloved old hobby.