View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Marking my spot with some of the challenges that strike my fancy! I will narrow it down as I go!

January 2013
5. Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 pts
8. There is nothing cooler than the look of stacks of papers and ephemera in a 3 ring binder. Emulate this look for your page. - 2pts Need More Inspiration? Check out these fabulous layouts by Sugarbabe Mary that use this technique:
12 - Take inspiration from this art journal piece and concentrate most of the color of a layout right in the center of your page. - 2pts.
20 - I love square grid designs in layouts! Take inspiration from this picture to create a layout with not only a grid design, but all of the grids must be the same color palette except for one that is different! - 2 pts.
22. Throughout all of the documenting I do, I want my kids to know who I truly am. Use an I prompt to document something about you! -2 pts.
24. I have been thinking so much about family lately, and would love to make a family motto. Make one for you family, scrap about it... what the motto is, how you came up with it, and what it means to your family. -2 pts.
32 - By The Numbers: This year we're focusing on creating a collection of layouts that tell our story in numbers. At the stroke of midnight on January 1st, we rang in a brand new year, so this month we want you to focus on time! What time were your babies born? What time did you get married? What is your favorite time of day? What time do you wake up in the morning? Scrap it and make sure to really put the focus of your page & title on the time! - 2 pts

February 2013
2 - It's all about {Photo} perspective, change up your angle, change up your layouts! Get high and look down at your subject, get low and look up, anything but the standard "point and cheese!" - 2pts
14 - "Do More Of What Makes You Happy" - that's what we want you to scrap now! What do you love to do most? This page has to be about YOU! - 2 pts
15 - Let's get geometric! Your page must have some geometric elements in the composition! Feel free to lift this page or create your own geometric inspired design! - 2 pts + 1pt NR (Zoe's Family ties posted 12/15/2013) = 3 pts

16 - All these letters make me want to see what you can do with BIG title work on your page. We're looking for really BIG titles or font work, it should stand out on your page! - 2 pts
18. Use this adorable mini album as inspiration to scrap about how you are finding joy right now, today! Use lots of layers, ribbons, patterns, and a large block title! -2 pts.
23 - Check out this photo pool of cool patterns and use one (or more!) as inspiration for a bold layout background! Link up your chosen pattern in your credits. - 2pts.
24 - Check out this amazing list of 30 things your kids should know you and create a layout for the prompts and questions which inspire you! - 2 pts per layout up to 10 points.
30 - Check out this cool macro photography tutorial and gallery. Create a layout that features a photo where you use a macro photography technique. - 2 pts

March 2013
5 - "off center" is the very first thought I have when looking this image and that's what I wanna see in your page! Create an off-centered page with most of your elements focused on a single edge of your layout! - 2pts
11 - This challenge is simple - use one of these inspirational quotes on a layout! - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts
17 - Take this personality test online to see your true colors. Create a page using your personality color. Make sure that we can all easily see the color of your personality when we look at your page! -2pts.
21 - What type of girl are you? Create a LO with "I'm the type of girl" (or guy, or "you're the type ..") as the subject and title. - 2 pts.
29 - I'm a hardcore advocate of getting ME in our family scrapbooks, but too often, my photos are the posed and cheesy look. This month, I challenge you to get a photo of you, doin' what you do..meaning not looking and smiling, but in motion. Set up a tripod and remote and take a bunch of shots or have someone else take the photo for you, but capture a little of the REAL everyday you. - 2pts.

April 2013
6 - Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot! - 2 pts

18 - Use this quote as inspiration to scrap about a tough time that has made you stronger, wiser or happier. Try to really tell your story with your journaling. - 2 pts.
20- April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! -2 points
22 - I am in LOVE with Nettio Designs blog. She has so many amazing ideas and motivation. Check out this post, and take her challenge to "push outside your comfort zone, challenge your assumptions of what you think you’re capable." -2 pts.
26 - John Green is one of my favorite authors and internet personalities. Use this blog full of quotes from his books as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to share which quote inspired you too! - 2 pts
27 - Capturing where you are using the idea of photographing where you're actually standing absolutely captivates me. Use this fantastic inspiration from the Dear Lizzy blog to photograph a series of photos and create your next layout. - 2 pts
31- From cards to mini albums, layouts to treat bag toppers, there are a zillion and one paper craft ideas at Shellye McDaniel's Papered Cottage. Best of all, they are layered up like crazy! Find inspiration in one of her projects to create something crafty of your own. Be sure to include at least 5 different elements that make the project dimensional when you photograph it and share which of Shellye's projects inspired you too! - 10 pts

May 2013
1. -Use this color combination for inspiration on your next layout. At least 4 colors need to be represented. 2 pt.
3. - PageMaps.com is one of my favorite sites for sketches. Chose a sketch on this page as a starting point for your own layout. 2pt.
8. - Mother's Day is this month! Scrap a page using a recipe for something your Mom makes that you love or something you make that your kids love. - 2 pts
16. - Let's do a classic Paper-to-Digi Scraplift challenge this month! Have fun and scraplift of a page from Kyoko Kobayashi's amazing gallery. - 2 pts
18 - I love Cathy Zielske's blog post on having a passion project and observing how it can spill unto other parts of your life. Read her post, check out the link to the design site she mentions (warning: profanity ahead) and let it inspire a layout. - 2pts.
20 - Love this blog post on using various types and shapes for paper tears on a layout. Play around with tears on your next layout. - 2pts.
25. Actions often speak louder than words. Create a layout that features a title that is an action word. Use only one word in your title and incorporate photos and word art to show the action. - 2 pts
28 - What is on your "someday" list? What can you do to make someday today? Scrap about it! - 2 pts.
31 - The Holstee Manifesto is pretty inspiring! Use one of the concepts in the manifesto as the basis of your next page. - 2 pts per layout up to 10 points

June 2013
2 - Use this awesome snapguide as inspiration to create your own chunky wood, art journal style, wall art! - 10 pts
23 - This is a really moving blog post where Jenny, the author, discusses how each of her children "see" her from a different viewpoint. Take inspiration from the post to create a page that includes journaling about how someone in your life sees you. - 2 pts.
30. This collage of square photos is just Fantastic! Clean lines, yet on a grid, cluttered, yet easy to see all the different dimensions! Create your own collage of square (Instagram?) photos using this examples as a guide! You must use at least 16 photos on a loose-grid like the example here! - 2 pts

July 2013
4. I love how the paint makes the photos on this page POP! Create a page of your own using a white background and layers of paint or masks to make your photos pop. 2pt.
6. I love this quote and realize every year I am living how TRUE it is. Create a page about someone or something telling them something that they don't know. 2 pt
11. A good photo sequence can be a true showstopper on a layout! Show us a photo sequence of something from your day - your page needs to have at least 5 photos. - 2 pts
14. Squares + different patterns? YES, PLEASE! Use 10 different papers in some composition with squares! 2pts.
17 - Do you feel a bit stuck with *how* to tell your story? Ali Edwards has a free video series with various techniques she uses on her pages. Try one of them on a layout. - 2pts.
19 - This is a really amazing photographic study of families from around the world, revealing what people eat during the course of one week. It's so interesting to see the differences from place to place! Create a LO that documents something about the way you or your family eats. - 2 pts
21 - One pinner had a cute idea to frame these speech bubbles and use a dry erase marker to write down cute quotes (said by kids, friends, etc.). I love the idea of documenting memorable quotes, so be inspired to create a page that includes a speech bubble and documents a quote you want to remember. - 2 pts.
25. Hybrid Challenge - Create a hybrid pocket treasure album using pre-made paper bags. Check out Sugarbabe Juli's Tutorial on how to make this fun project here (insert link) for more ideas. - 10 pts
28 - Sugarbabe Trish put this on her blog the other day and it really resonated! Scrap a layout about what you would do if you could just start! - 2pts.

August 2013
2. Ali's my inspiration for capturing my day to day life. Use this blog post as a page inspiration to capture the words you are saying on repeat this week or month. 2 pt.
7. We all have a horrible day once in a while. This image shows some quotes for those days. Scrap one of those bad days of your life using a quote that always helps you to face moments like these. - 2pts
11 - Be inspired by the colors of far off places at sunset and create a page that features at least 3 of the colors in the color board above. - 2 pts
20 - Pick one of these prompts and use them in a layout. Let us know which one you picked! - 2pts
26 - This site has a lot of fun scrapbook sketches. Select one (don't forget to mention it in your credits!) to use as inspiration for your next layout. - 2 pts.
32 - By The Numbers: This year we're focusing on creating a collection of layouts that tell our story in numbers. This month we want you to focus on channels! What channel is your favorite radio station? What channels are your favorite TV shows on? If you couldn't live without one channel, which one would it be? Scrap a bit of pop culture this month and make sure to really put the focus of your page on a channel! - 2 pts

September 2013
2 - You know who gave great quote? Walt Disney did! I can look at quotes of his and find something to go with just about anything. So that's what I want you to do! Go and pick a quote from Disney and use it on your page. - 2 pts.
5 - How cute is that?! Use this idea on your next page by including (or comparing) some handwriting from each of your family members. - 2 pts.
11 - Not a Project Life Scrapper? Tired of all the journaling cards on the market because you just don't know what to do with them? Take some tips from Sugarbabe Tronesia and use those journaling cards in an unexpected way on your non-Project Life layout! - 2pts
16 - Use any one of these fun prompts on a layout--either have your kids write it down or ask them and record their answers. Either way, it's an interesting story! - 2pts.
19. This is a cute list to get others involved in a page! Use some or all of this list and create a page about your child, spouse or yourself! 2pt
22. This is one of my favorite quotes. Draw inspiration from it and create a page about the things you carry in your heart. The quote does not have to be used. 2 pt + 1 NR (for Jady Day Studios You are My Sunshine posted on 12/7/13) = 3 pts.

28 - Hybrid Challenge - Create a hybrid mini album that uses at least 5 pocket scrapping journal/filler cards and has at least 7 pages. You can use any size or binding technique you like. Check out all these cool mini book ideas and find one that inspires you! - 10 pts

October 2013
2. Birds of a feather flock together. Use at least two birds in a layout or hybrid project. 2 pt
3. October has some really random holidays in it. No seriously, it does. It's full of days like "Dress Like A Dork Day," "World Smile Day," "Tuxedo Day," and "World Egg Day." Take a look at this list of all the random holidays in this month, pick one, celebrate it, and then create a page about your day. 2 pt.
7. Stop in the middle of your every day routine, take a selfie or a shot of your desk etc. and document all the details of your day at that particular moment. Capture the routine and everyday. 2 pt.
11. We love this fantastic poster and all of the inspiration in it. From the mixed and matched fonts to the clusters of monochromatic groups within a larger rainbow of color there are so many ideas to play with here! Use one of these inspiring ideas on your next layout - 2 pts.
15. Leaves, leaves and more leaves. Create a layout that is all about leaves or has lots and lots of leaves on it. Be creative and feel inspired to work outside the box! - 2 pts.
19. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month create a page that is primarily pink (any shade will do). 1 layout = 2 pts. Checking your boobies monthly - priceless!
20. It's a 10 point challenge! Here is a great list of the hot scrapbooking trends of the past year and a half. Make one page per trend (up to five pages) for 2 pts each. Your page needs to heavily reflect the trend that you have picked. Make sure you link us to what trend you picked. - 10 pts
24. I loved reading through this list of items a mom wrote for her child. What would you want your kids to always remember as they grow up? Journal about it in a layout--be as serious or tongue-in-cheek as you want. - 2 pts.
27 - This is a fun question! Which door would you choose? And why? - 2 pts.
30 - We love the look of the crumpled and worn papers in this adorable card. Get creative with raggedy papers in your next layout or hybrid project. - 2 pts

November 2013
1. This blog lists 80 reasons the blogger is thankful. Chose any one reason that you are thankful and to create a layout that highlights what you are thankful for. You can make up to 3 layouts for 2 pts each. - 2 pts/layout up to 6 pts
3 - Write a memo to a loved one, using lots of short statements. - 3 pts
5. Choose one of these one word art journal prompts to use as the inspiration to create a layout. Feel free to do up to 3 different layouts if you're feeling inspired! - 2 pts per layout up to 6 pts
8. Scrap a layout where the eye contact in a photo says more than what a long paragraph of journaling could. - 2pts
9. "At this very same time last year..." tell us what you were doing. Just tell us. An entire page with only journaling. - 2pts
12. "Make it simple, but significant" - following that idea, create a clean and simple page. -2pts
20. In honor of Eat a Cranberry Day (Nov 23rd) create a page that features anything "cranberry". - 2 pts
26 - Brave Girls Club is one of the most inspirational websites that there is. They have gorgeous eye candy and messages that make you feel all good inside. Go there and get inspired and create a layout based on that inspiration. 2 pts.
31 - This amazing pinboard from EmmyKim all about packaging shows that kraft paper never goes out of style. Take a look at this inspiration board and create a layout which focuses on using brown kraft paper along with some creative black or white font work! - 2 pts

6 Challenge Points
2 NR Points
Hybrid Points
Bonus Points
Total Points - 8 points

Wow! I have a lot that have inspired me - and a lot to choose from now!

Last edited by LoriJ; 12-30-2013 at 11:01 PM.