View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 08:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We have a nice house - not fancy but with a decent amount of room and it has been a great place to raise a family.

I love the location of our home in our area - there is lighter traffic, close to the freeway and all the shopping within reasonable distance. I love our family room & dining room, the size of our lot, our subdivision, my giant pantry & that we have an office (even if it is on the small side).

What I don't love so much is that there is no bedroom or full bath downstairs - it is a 2 story. If my parents ever needed to come live with us because of mobility issues, it would be a problem. I also feel like our house needs some updating (we have lived in it 25 years) and I don't really see that happening. We have also been taking out a lot of our original landscaping and it feels like our yard is going back to being a blank slate. There is a lot of work ahead to make our backyard particularly into somewhere we want to spend time and I feel bad asking my hubby to do much because he is already working so hard in his job (and he doesn't want to pay anyone else to do it).

However, these are small things, and I am very thankful to have a comfortable home! We are very blessed. I am guessing that we will eventually move into a one story at some point after our kids are all out of the house & my hubby retires.