Thread: Languages
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 09:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thats a great conversation. My 14 year old enjoys learning other languages, every day he says something in a different language. Now mind you, he sticks to the simple things like please, thank you, i love you etc but still the fact that he can say those things in, I think up to 8 different languages is pretty neat.

What country are you from? After tracing my family tree back a couple hundred years, both sides of my family have bounced the border between Canada and the US enough for me to truly consider myself a 50/50 split. I have lived in Canada most of my life, but I am from the US.
What is your native language? English
What other languages can you speak, if any? A little French, you would think in having to take it from the 4th grade to the 12th grade I could speak it more, but the way it was taught to us didn't really set us up for that. It was mostly all vocabulary up until the 11th grade THEN they tried teaching us how to form sentences.... it was a lot for just two years. I can do a lot of basic sentences but not enough to have a conversation. I can understand it to listen though.
If you don't speak any other languages, is there one you wish you did? Why? One language I have always been interested in learning is Sign Language.