View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 12:09 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

That is so true Libby! I have found that everything in moderation makes you stick to something better. I have just decided to eat healthier and exercise when I can and I have been feeling much better. We have been eating more veggies here in this household and not a lot of starches since my dad has diabetes and starches (specifically potatoes) are so bad for him. I have been making the roasted veggies of onions, red potatoes/sweet potatoes and carrots with a smidge of olive oil and some Mrs. Dash Original seasoning and they are to die for and my family keeps asking that I make them over and over again.

I was pretty down for the count 2 weeks ago as I caught a nasty C. Diff. infection and got severely dehydrated and had to go into my doctor's office for some IV fluids. So I am still catching up as I am still a little under the weather and recovering. Boy did it ever take a toll on me. I have not been that sick since I was a baby. So, I am pretty sure I lost some weight with not eating for 7+ days except for the occasional rice boiled in chicken broth. I have not weighed since I have been sick.

Went to the grocery store today and bought a lot of fruits (fresh pineapples and cantaloupe). I am proud that I am making smarter and healthier choices.