View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerM View Post
Hi, guys! Marie and Libby, your desserts sound wonderful. I splurged this weekend on Mexican food. I knew better but I got right back on track which is a good thing. I am down 13 pounds after 3 weeks so that is still motivating me to push through and keep going. I am trying to eat less meat during the week. I will see how that goes. I've never been a huge fan of meat anyway. I could easily live off of carbs alone but people have always pushed me to eat more protein. I do like dairy though. That one is a little harder for me to give up. I am going to try to eat a little less though.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
13 pounds is great! I gave up meat 34 years ago and really don't miss it at all. Dairy was harder to give up for me, well not milk, but cheese and ice cream. Did you know that cheese is as addictive as opiates? No wonder it's so hard to give up! I still eat ice cream made from coconut milk or almond milk though and the same with yogurt. Even my teen daughter gave up dairy and her skin is so much better now Carbs aren't the devil (unless you're only eating cookies, cake, and processed simple carbs) and Americans eat way more than enough protein; unfortunately protein is the "in thing" right now and people have been led to believe they need tons of protein and no carbs. Great books on the subject are Proteniaholic, How Not to Die, and The Starch Solution. I'm not saying everyone should stop eating meat or dairy, that's a personal decision of course, but most people eat more than enough.