View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlmurrell View Post
Hi All - just a couple of questions about kit use:

1. Do you also save the zipped files?
2. Do you typically use each kit to make just one page, or multiple uses?
3. Do you remove kits from your 'database' once they've been used as many times as preferred?
4. How do you handle kits that are retired/from retired designers?

Thank you for taking the time to answer!
VERY good questions!!! I'm going to be nosy and see what everyone else answers!!!

1. Do you also save the zipped files?
Used to, but stopped doing that with our recent move. I have too many hard drives and not enough space to keep all the zips on my computer. I don't want to invest in any more money on a hard drive JUST to hoard my zips--especially since Robin is so wonderful and our download links never expire here!

2. Do you typically use each kit to make just one page, or multiple uses?
If I'm buying it, I need it to make more than one layout to justify the cost. Most of the time I reuse my kits more than two times or I combine them on layouts when I learn what's inside each of the kits.

3. Do you remove kits from your 'database' once they've been used as many times as preferred?

No!!
I haven't deleted a product since before my son was born. When designers retire, I move them to a special folder. Then about a year later, I go through and delete some of the stuff I know I'll never use--with the exception of Amber Shaw or any designer who has passed, because I can never replace them or their memory.

4. How do you handle kits that are retired/from retired designers?
I kind of touched this above, I move them to a special folder. If I don't have much from them, I'll break apart their kits in to special folders like "Disney", "Lego", "Travel" where I can go grab that specific theme. But if they have a lot of products, I put them in the "individual designer" folder. Most of what I have is broken down in to the specific themed folders. In all of my years of scrapping, I only have 19 individual designer's folders, most of which are retired SSD designers.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 08-12-2019 at 05:01 PM.