View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 03:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I am sorry about your grandma. UTI's definitely made the dementia worse in my mom's case, so I would believe there is a connection. I believe an infection can happen that fast, with no warning, and it can be painful and scary. Is a kidney infection as bad as a kidney stone? Kidney stones suck.

It is incredible how much sheets can hurt. I have a bone spur on my heel that I can't allow to touch the sheets because of the pain. I sleep with my leg bent and crossed over the other one so that heel never touches the sheets. The dang spur is wrapped around my Achilles tendon so I would need major surgery to get rid of it, so I just deal and sleep like a pretzel. But Tracey M is right, since I have lost weight the bone spur does not hurt as much. Except at night on the sheets. LOL
My husband just got done dealing with kidney stones for the last month. It was terrible. We brought him to the ER 3 times, he had 3 surgeries, and he spent 3 overnight in the hospital. I would say the pain was probably equal to my kidney infection, but the difference was, I could fix mine with just a couple of rounds of strong antibiotics. I didn't need all the other stuff my husband needed and dealt with.

I sleep a little weird now, too. I cannot make that ankle go straight, so I tend to just bend at the hip. Not quite as pretzel as you, but not the way I used it. The not bending properly affects me the worse when doing yoga though. I cannot do some moves anymore and it's frustrating, but the surgery was still worth it.