View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 04:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We haven't been on vacation in 6 years. At least not a real vacation. We did go to PA last fall for my FIL's memorial service, but that was the closest we've came since 2015. We moved to the farm in 2015 and we have so many animals that vacation is hard. We are working to get a coop set up with doors on timers so that someone could come in once a day to take care of our animals and not have to let chickens out in the morning and close them up at night.

Before kids we would go to see family one trip and do something else the next. Once kids came, our trips were always to see family, either to Pennsylvania where my husband was born, or Arizona where I was raised (and he ended up in junior high). When my son was born my SIL and her family came to visit us and we decided that we'd meet somewhere new every other year for Thanksgiving. We did that for several years. We'd pick a place between KS (where we live) and PA (where they live) to meet, visit, and site see. It was a great mix of getting in something new and seeing family.

We really are homebodies though, so we need a reason to go on vacation, not just the idea of going on vacation. For example, we live 2 hours from Branson, but we've only been once. We've driven through several times and we've even driven up just to eat at Lambert's outside of Branson, but only made it a point to stay in Branson and do things there once.