View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
LOL-We're at the best SSD, but it also stands for Solid State Drive. It's the name for HDs that work along the same lines as flash drives. They're faster and more stable than the older style. The older style, the ones we all had before SSDs, are the ones where the drive literally spins around. They're prone to failing and they can be described by the number of RPMs (rotations per minute--I think most are either 5400 RPM or 7200 RPM).

I did 5 minutes of research, and this Dell (or something similar) is probably what I'd get if I was buying a new laptop today. It looks like the updated version of what I currently have. The RAM is lower than what I'd like (though adequate, since it's what I have right now) but I worry less about that since it's easily upgraded. It has an i7 processor and a graphics card with dedicated memory, which are things you can't change later. Although I'd love to get only a big SSD, my budget will probably dictate a hybrid like this when I get a new computer.

I hope some people who have very different set ups weigh in. I've always bought what I consider expensive computers since I didn't want to chance PS not running well with an i5 processor or only shared (also called integrated) graphics. I'd definitely consider going for something a little more wallet-friendly next time if other people were happy with those configurations for scrapping.
Thank you so much I really appreciate your little research for me
It's too bad it does look like a gaming computer. I mean I'm no teenager lol but it's great advice! And thanks for explaining everything to me too.