View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 11:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
I love all of those suggestions but one I’d be keen on though not sure that it’s a tutorial as such but something about embracing different styles that aren’t your own (I’m thinking particularly for challenges mainly). I know I admire so many different styles but have a hard time trying them out myself.
I was that way with Art Journaling for the longest time. One day I just started adding brushwork and blending papers until I was happy with my background and went from there. Same with pocket pages. It all depends on my mood, and where I let it take me.

I tend to be a single photo, white space scrapper and that first heavily clustered page made my heart beat quick but I made it through and have at times clustered even more, and added more photos.

My best advice is to just let go, give it a try, and don't forget to add your personal touch. If you just try to copy a style you won't be happy with your final product, I can easily spot the pages where I have done that. Try a little of this and a little of that but keep your style in there as well, I think you will be pleased with the results.