View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 11:13 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default kids & going 'back to work'

oye vey.

So, I've wfh exclusively for the past 10 years. It was mostly out of necessity, I was a single mom, and needed to be home for nugget before he was school aged- when he started kindergarten I continued to work from home as it was perfect for our little family and everyone was happy everyone being me. lol.

Last September I decided to go back to school - obviously this meant eventually I was going to be getting an outside job. Kiddo was a little cranky about it all, but i figured hey! you're 10/11 you can deal with this change! My mother went back to work when I was 10 too! He seemed to relax about me being back in school after a couple of months, and this 2nd semester he seemed actually happy and excited for the changes rather than whining and being you know, not pleasant.

FF'd to last week, I picked up a part time job (I've been looking for one for a long time, before I'd even started school, it was inevitable that I would eventually find one :P)... and he has lost it. Completely flipping out, angry, crying, the whole nine yards. My shifts are all over the place- some are while he's at school, but some here and there are until 10pm, so he's been hanging out with my mom after school. A PLACE HE LOVES GOING. He is so happy when he goes there, he gets to play with her 3 dogs etc etc and he's usually in heaven. Now he's just angry at me for making him go -.- She had a talk with him last night while I was at work (only till 8pm) and he seemed OK, but once I picked him up again he was all womp womp womp 'i don't want you to go to work again!' cry cry cry. I was way too exhausted to deal with that right when I got out of work :/

He even went as far to 'plan' how to live on the street and be homeless because he'd rather have no food, no house, etc than me work -.-

He's very dramatic :P

Do you have any advice or words of wisdom to help ease this... he needs to snap out of this .. immediately :P for everyone's sanity sake. I'm sure over time he will adjust but holy drama right now, i can't deal!!