View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
Elizabeth, it's 129 kits that I haven't used at all. Well, it's actually 126. There were 3 layouts that I hadn't tagged that used purchased kits. That's totally ridiculous!

I'm not too concerned (obviously) with using a kit right away. But, if I average 3 layouts a week and only use kits that I haven't used at all, it'll take me 42 weeks to use all those kits. I think I'd feel comfortable keeping 20-30 unused kits, although I'd be happier if I'd used all my kits at least once. I have a really hard time not buying new supplies, though, so I guess that means that I need to scrap a lot more!
Well as long as you're not buying scrap kits instead of food and you are ok with spending your money that way I don't see a problem!!! It's called a hobby for a reason....you are suppose to indulge yourself!!

Now if you really want to get your stash down then set a goal for yourself....a very realistic goal!!! Like you have to scrap with one unused kit before you can shop....then if you are use to shopping every Saturday then you can guarantee that at least one kit will get scrapped with a week and at the end of the year you will have at least knocked that number down some....or at least not made it any bigger!!!

I'll tell you the best thing that came from me having an unused scrap kit folder and setting a goal.......i actually scrapped photos that had been on my HD for years and I got those memories on PAPER!!! I also don't really care about the unused kits....BUT I do care about all those memories floating around in my head and in very real danger of being FORGOTTEN!!!

This year I've scrapped with 41 unused kits on my HD that were from 2010 and older....that in addition to all the new kits I used I got 41 more memories scrapped then I wouldn't of if I didn't force my self to be accountable for unused kits!!!

Of course this will only work if you buy kits with photos/memories in mind that you already have!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow