View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

There's been some beautiful suggestions! As for choosing a name that is too similar to your brother's child...here's a story for you, lol. I was the first in our family to get pregant, and we picked out the name Mason Joel if it was a boy (which it was, lol). I found out afterwards that my sister had chosen Grayson Joel years before but had never said anything. The "Joel" for each of us was important for different reasons - that was DH's little brothers name (he only lived for a few hours, born at I think 22 weeks), and for my sister it was the name of a close friend who was killed in an accident. Anyhow, she DID end up calling him Grayson but chose a different middle name, though I wouldn't have cared. It's funny because we call them Mason and Gray...not Mason and Grayson, kwim.

I know of 2 girls (sisters) that had babies very close together and they named them Ava and Ada. I still don't know which one is which, lmao. And Trev's cousins (also sisters) named their boys Aiden and Cayden.

So in all honesty, I wouldn't really worry about having a name that is TOO similar to your brother's little girl. They will both be distinct by personality and their names are different.