View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is a fun read.
If either of my girls would have been a boy - it would have been Henry. Henry Eugene. After Hank Aaron and Andy's dad. We now have the dog named Henry. Henry was the only boys name we could agree on.

Jillian was easy. We loved the name and it is bit of a classic, but not heard of too much. Only 1 other Jillian in her school of 430. And we chose Jillian with a J over a G because I did not want her to be called Gilly (hard G as in fish gills. UGH.) She is Jillian May and May after my mom's birth month and her mom's middle name. One we considered tho with J was Annabelle. I could not do it.

Evelyn was going to be Evelyn up to 3 weeks before her birth. Then it was Brianna. But she did not look like a Evelyn but more like an Evie Jo - thus her name. Evelyn Josephine. Josephine after Andy's family and Evelyn is a good, strong classic name.

I will have to admit that I love both of my girls having very individual names. I loved Olivia and Sophie, but so glad we did not go that route. J has a Sophie and 2 Allie's (such a shame to ruin the name Alison with Allie...). No Olivia's but the classes below & above have one each. I wish we would have considered Lauren more (love) and Abigail (another Love) and Elinor (love). But DH was strongly against those.

It will be interesting to see what E's class has in it. I know of a Cora, Madelyn and Carlie. We'll see in a few weeks.