View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 03:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What was your Xmas morning like yrs ago compared to now?
Years ago, when the kids were young we were up at the crack of dawn, I was lucky to sleep in until 6:30 or so. This year we slept in until 8:00 and then sat around for an hour, chatting and drinking coffee....such a peaceful start to our day.

Did you have a Xmas stocking yrs ago and do you have one now?
Xmas stockings were always hung off the fireplace but we stopped giving each other a stocking about 5 yrs ago. It was just getting too hard to think of small things to buy for each other (hubs and I) to put into them and I didn't want to just buy things "just because" KWIM?

What was a Xmas movie or book you remember from your earlier years and was there a fave from this year?
A Christmas Story is an oldie that my mom loved and it became a fave of ours too. I think of her when I watch it. A second fave is another oldie...It's A Wonderful Life (another fave of my mom's). The holiday season was so busy this yr that we didn't get to watch either of them.

Was your holiday celebration a big event with lots of family/friends when you were young and what was it like this year?
Xmas has always been a small family gathering. I'm an only child so other than a few aunts/uncles and cousins, our dinner was pretty low key and casual, I don't think we ever had more than 10 people over. This year it was 4 of us, we dressed comfy and casual, had a turkey dinner but kept the side dishes to a minimum, not a lot of fuss and bother....it was wonderful. We were done dinner, cleaned up and relaxing with coffee and dessert by 6:00 pm.