Thread: Convince me
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't purge products from stores that I'm active (which really is only ssd). But other stores from previous years, they are in a folder. In the new year, during January, I'll just go through each kit and say "will I ever use this kit?" and if the answer is no, I delete them. Then I'll look at a designer's name on their folder and think "did I like anything I ever scrapped or used from this designer?" and most times, it's no, so I delete it. I'm really good at deleting, and forgetting (that's the easiest part because my memory stinks!).

I just turn on the tv or music and go through each folder/product asking myself the same question--with the exception of templates. One can never have TOO many templates!

If you aren't sure about the above, take what you think you want to get rid of and put it somewhere. Come back in a week or a month and ask yourself the same question. It's kind of like the whole Marie Kondo stuff---if it makes you happy, keep it. If it doesn't and it's just taking space, get rid of it.

But I'm also not a hoarder in real life and like to get rid of things to make life more simpler, so I might have an easier time letting go of things.