View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 09:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
The best part with my Pixel phone is the photos are AMAZING! Even my children are like "Mama, take a photo with YOUR phone because the quality is a thousand times better" and they aren't kidding!! I actually use my phone's camera WAY more than I ever did my apple products!! Like seriously, who needs a DSLR with this camera???
Wow, those are amazing! I've always been an Android user, but I've never had a Pixel. If I'd seen those before I upgraded (in March), I would have looked into it! Androids do seem to have much better deals, don't they? The boys and I are all Android users, and we get great deals when we upgrade, like buy 1 get 1 free. DH is an iPhone person (who doesn't use any Apple specific features and could easily switch but doesn't want to), and their upgrade deals are so much harder to qualify for. When we switched carriers (also in March) I tried to convince him to upgrade his phone while he met the conditions, but he wouldn't. He's going to have such sticker shock when his finally quits on him and he sees how much more his phone will be compared to ours.

Heic isn't actually an Apple thing, they were just the first to switch to it as a default so we all blamed them, LOL. The file that I was sent prompted me to do some searching, and HEIC is basically the new jpg. In a few years everything may be HEIC. It compresses to a smaller file size than jpg with less loss. I ended up switching my phone (Samsung Galaxy S21+) to HEIC mode. I had to take some photos and use them in MS Word for a work thing today, and HEIC worked just fine with my laptop, Dropbox, and Word. It's only CS6 that can't use them.

For now I'm operating on the plan that I can always convert my HEIC files to jpg if it turns out that heic isn't widely adopted over the next few years, but it the standard does switch then heic may be more forward compatible in 10 or 20 years.