View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Look what we got!

Since we moved to Colorado, we had been looking for a Sphynx cat, since both my daughter and I are severely allergic to cats. After being part of Rescueme.org and never getting any hits 2-3 states surrounding Colorado, we looked into other breeds that were easier on allergies and discovered that bengals were good for people like us. So we added bengal to the category, totally not expecting any hits since we hadn't gotten any the past few years.

On Friday our realtor, who we are friends with on Facebook, commented about their purebred 6-month old bengal kitten not adjusting well to their home and she was looking for a SAHM/family to see if the cat needed a different living situation. On Sunday after all the girls were gone from my daughter's birthday party (which was supposed to be one girl spending the night turned in to five girls spending the night! ), we went and visited her bengal. The kids loved her and she took to them almost immediately! We took her home to get her away from the realtor's rowdy dogs and to see how she would do with potty accidents (something she was doing at her house), act around our more mellow dog and to see if both my daughter and I could tolerate the cat with our allergies.

This morning, I sent an update to the realtor. The kitty went potty four times in the litter, hadn't had any accidents, the dog and the cat slept in our bed without even batting an eye at each other and both my daughter and I are fine with our allergies.

Guess what? She's ours! Later this afternoon, the realtor is bringing over the cat's things, her paperwork and we'll be making an appointment later this week at the vet to transfer the microchip over to our name! Instead of telling people that our realtor got us a Scenty Warmer and tarts when we bought our home, we can say she also got us a purebred bengal kitten!

The kids were excited that we can keep her. My middle cried and cried. My oldest is in love with her and is tired of fighting the middle to have her sitting on her lap. The kitten loves my youngest, follows him around the house like a dog. Even slept in his bed this morning!

So, I'd like you to meet our newest furbaby (I had no part in the naming of the cat): Ahsoka Snips Honeydew **last name removed** Nickname is Snips

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 05-08-2018 at 01:58 PM.