View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
I think some of the things that bother me when I look at photos are because the person who edited them can't tell they've done it because their screen is so darn bright or their calibration is so off. I say this because when I used to edit my photos on my old laptop, I thought the photos looked great and the colors were good, but once I got my Mac, I also calibrated it with a Spyder and went back to look at my pics and OMGOSH!!! They are terrible! Terrible skin tones and color casts, whole areas completely blown out... but it was merely because I wasn't viewing my photos correctly before since the calibration on my laptop was so bad. I try to be more understanding now when I view other people's photos because I know MOST people are not calibrated.
I agree 100% with Megan, after being properly calibrated for almost a year (I use the X-Rite Eye One Display LT though) I can definitely tell when someone isn't calibrated now. I also agree though that post processing has a lot to do with personal taste, I personally prefer the soft hazy vintage look but I know not everyone else prefers that pp style.