View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:35 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
What I don't like in photos is anything overdone... That said, sometimes you can save really bad shots by overdoing them, but I don't see the point of total make-overs with perfectly good shots. Some minor changes, yes, but not over-the-top colour changes etc.

A bit OT as it only concerns post-processing partially - my quibble with a lot of professionally done children's photos is shooting them as adults - I'm not a prude, but children should be children. Dressing them as adults, putting them in adult poses and making their lips too red etc. just isn't up in my alley. Children *aren't* supposed to look sexy. I find that really disturbing. And yes, sometimes the over-sharpened eyes are way too creepy.
Agreed with all of this. I really don't like children posing suggestively. I HATE it.

Everything is a personal taste, I think. Like Col, I like the color pop, a LOT. I also think skin smoothing is ok. I did learn a trick from a blog once, on how to smooth, but then use the eraser brush on 50% to take a bit of the smoothness off, so the skin still has texture.

Things I don't like:
-overusing the noise reduction or skin smoothing so the people look plastic.
-over whitening the eyes and teeth

Otherwise, anything else goes. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean someone else doesn't!