View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 11:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Something "bad" that you are proud of

In a meeting today, my boss told me I would like a new employee that was coming on board because she was "just as honest, blunt and pushy" as I am and "is not afraid to make a decision." I think it was a compliment for the most part, but it got me to thinking about myself, especially the pushy part.

Pushy has a negative connotation to it, but I can be very pushy, especially if there is a deadline looming. My job is pretty fast paced and things can often go awry, so making fast decisions is part of it. I am pretty impatient with people who can't make a decision in the time I need them to, so I am not at all adverse to making it myself and getting things done. My boss knows that I am going to do what I think is best and tell him about it later, and he is comfortable with that. So yes, if that is pushy, than I am proudly pushy. I am not as pushy in my personal life, but I am not a pushover either. LOL

I am also pretty blunt, which most people think is mean, but that is never my intention. I think it goes back to being impatient; I don't have the desire to waste time beating around the bush so I just lay it all out. I equate it with being honest. I do realize that I may lack some tack on occasion but I do not think people, adults, need to be handled with "kid's gloves." The facts are the facts and we all need to deal with the facts. Again, this is much more pronounced in my work persona than my personal one, but it exists there as well.

So after thinking about what my boss said, I came to the conclusion that pushy and blunt may not be the most complimentary of terms, but I am both, and, you know what, I am fine with it.

I've also been told I am stubborn, but I counter with, no I am just determined. It is sorta the same, but the later sounds better. LOL

Do you have a trait that you gladly lay claim to that might not be considered positive at first glance, but really is? If so, tell me about it and how/why you think it makes you a better person. I certainly can't be the only one who has "negative" traits that have served her well in life.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 07-22-2021 at 11:41 PM.