View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 11:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have scrapped a LOT in the last 6-9 months (pre-COVID, anyways) so I have most things scrapped up to mid-2018. I don't scrap chronologically like you do, Vanessa, but I organize & print them that way.

Adjusting to working & schooling & parenting from home 24/7 during quarantine meant I had less time & energy for scrapping but I've gotten better about managing my time and kids. I also purchased a new laptop 2 weeks ago which has made scrapping MUCH easier & faster. I'm waiting on my sister's fiance to check out my EHD cord, and then I can get my supplies organized with Biancka's DigiScrapCatalog program and try out scrapping mix & match (which I haven't done since my ACDSee crashed 5+ years ago). I admire Kayleigh Wiles' work so very much, and she does so much color coordination mix & match work that I'd love to try to incorporate more into my regular scrapping.

I am currently wrapping up my Countdown to Christmas album from 2019 (about halfway through) and the rest of my photos of my grandfather who passed away last October + working on a quarantine album and on my PL for 2020. I think that we will be voluntarily sheltering in place for another month so I should be able to finish my C2C album and my grandfather's photos by then.

I think there will be a second wave and another mandatory SIP in the next 6-8 weeks but if there's not, I will pause my quarantine album once we're able to gather in large groups e.g. concerts, church, etc. and then end it a few months later with a few "new normal" layouts contrasting what life was like pre-quarantine, during quarantine, and post-quarantine.

I was planning on just incorporating the layouts about my grandfather into our regular chronological albums but maybe I will also pull them out into a special album. My son is only 6 and won't remember his great-grandfather (the greatest travesty of all) so it would be nice to have a stand-alone album about him that can be flipped through and talked about as my son gets older.

I have been doing this a really long time and it's starting to feel a little stale so my overall goal is just to inject some new energy & passion into my beloved old hobby.