View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 11:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I have so many but am feeling overwhelmed. I have the time right now but sit at my computer and basically just waste time. I want to finish my 2017 trip to Ireland album, that I have started twice because I can't figure out how I want it to look. I also need to do my YIR 2017, 2018, 2019.
I make mini albums of my challenges, still have to do March and April which I will probably combine as I did January and February.

I am facing some health issues and feeling panicked about being well enough to get this stuff done.

Basically I am just a mess right now. Starting an album to document my journey but will see how far I get on that.
Oh no, Jaye!! I hope you are okay! Is there anything we can do for you, other than keeping you in our prayers?

I can't wait to see your Ireland layouts! I know you'll figure it out and when it does, it'll all come together fairly quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I want to finish up my hybrid Project Life albums from 2012-2016; I have a few little details I need to finish up. But I can't work on it now because online school sucks up all of my emotional energy. I'll wait till school is over next week to pull it all out and finish it up.

I'm also slowly working on my digital PL album from 2019. I've finished Jan-April & Nov-Dec.

And....I am finishing up our 2018 time in America. I'm mostly down to Christmas pictures, and for some reason I HATE scrapping Christmas pics. I think it's because my kit choices are limited, and I hate to be limited.
Oh yay!!! School is almost over for you too!!!! I hope when that happens, things get a little bit easier for you and your emotional/mental health!

I also hear you on Christmas scrapping. I HATE scrapping holidays and birthdays!! I don't know what it is because I have the most photos, but it takes me FOREVER to scrap a layout. I hope you are able to scrap them quickly, just in time for December to roll around again bringing new layouts to scrap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I don't specifically have a lockdown goal--until now I've had less time for scrapping. But I think that will change over the next month as the school year winds down, both for me and my children. We'll probably choose to stay home a lot this summer even if stay at home orders are lifted. So I'm hopeful that I'll start getting more scrapping done now. My current project is my July to December 2018 album. I have 54 LOs done and 43 left to do for that album. I also scrapped a 32 page vacation album between February and April. My first goal is to finish the 2018 pages. I also want to start January to June 2019 and get another vacation album done. So I guess those are my plans between now and when work and school start back up. I won't finish them, but steady progress will make me happy!
WOW!!! You've been a busy scrapping bee!!!! Look at you go!!

Like you, our family is probably going to be staying at home, just to keep my youngest safe since he is immunocompromised. As much as we want to go to Atlantic City to see the fireworks over the ocean, health and wellness have to come first and I'm thankful the older children understand and respect our decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I have scrapped a LOT in the last 6-9 months (pre-COVID, anyways) so I have most things scrapped up to mid-2018. I don't scrap chronologically like you do, Vanessa, but I organize & print them that way.

Adjusting to working & schooling & parenting from home 24/7 during quarantine meant I had less time & energy for scrapping but I've gotten better about managing my time and kids. I also purchased a new laptop 2 weeks ago which has made scrapping MUCH easier & faster. I'm waiting on my sister's fiance to check out my EHD cord, and then I can get my supplies organized with Biancka's DigiScrapCatalog program and try out scrapping mix & match (which I haven't done since my ACDSee crashed 5+ years ago). I admire Kayleigh Wiles' work so very much, and she does so much color coordination mix & match work that I'd love to try to incorporate more into my regular scrapping.

I am currently wrapping up my Countdown to Christmas album from 2019 (about halfway through) and the rest of my photos of my grandfather who passed away last October + working on a quarantine album and on my PL for 2020. I think that we will be voluntarily sheltering in place for another month so I should be able to finish my C2C album and my grandfather's photos by then.

I think there will be a second wave and another mandatory SIP in the next 6-8 weeks but if there's not, I will pause my quarantine album once we're able to gather in large groups e.g. concerts, church, etc. and then end it a few months later with a few "new normal" layouts contrasting what life was like pre-quarantine, during quarantine, and post-quarantine.

I was planning on just incorporating the layouts about my grandfather into our regular chronological albums but maybe I will also pull them out into a special album. My son is only 6 and won't remember his great-grandfather (the greatest travesty of all) so it would be nice to have a stand-alone album about him that can be flipped through and talked about as my son gets older.

I have been doing this a really long time and it's starting to feel a little stale so my overall goal is just to inject some new energy & passion into my beloved old hobby.
You have been scrapping A LOT before the virus hit!!! I have loved seeing all of your layouts!! Yay for a new laptop and speed of scrapping!!! That always helps with the scrapping!

I hope we don't have a second wave, but everything is pointing to one

I like that you are going to make a special album for your grandfather. My son was looking through his albums that I had just printed and asked who my grandmother was. It was really sad because he was really close to her--even sang Jesus Loves Me to her the day before she died. I like that you are making a special album for your son to have and to "know" who he is as he ages!