View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Default Adobe Elements or PaintShop Pro?

I have used Photoshop Elements 3 for years. I purchased an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer. Epson included Elements 6 with the printer, which is the software it says is required to use the printer. I installed Elements 6. I like a lot of the features in the upgrade from Elements 3 but it crashed a lot. I used Elements 3 for most of my projects and then used Elements 6 to refine shadows, bevels, etc., and to print. Elements 6 still crashed but I could get through it. Recently Elements 3 began having lots of problems so I uninstalled Elements 3. 6 kept crashing so I uninstalled and reinstalled 6; still crashed so uninstalled 6 as well as the printer and reinstalled both. 6 still crashed so uninstalled using instructions from John Ellis and Adobe Tech Notes to uninstall registers, etc. Reinstalled 6 and it is still crashing.

I'm thinking of going to a new software program. My husband hates Adobe programs because they don't "clean up" after themselves and files are left all over the place. I loved Elements 3 but would like to have the tools and refinements of programs developed more recently. We've searched sites and many say that Elements 6,7 and 8 have big crash problems. I'd like to know more about Paint Shop Pro --- does it have the crash problems of Adobe Elements; does it have the tools of Elements for editing photos and creating scrapbook pages?

Any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated!

Suzie