View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 05:55 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Thank you ever so much for all the kind words and support, it's nice to have somewhere I can offload and get advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo View Post
Wow! I hope the results turn out to be what you want. I also have a half sister I have never met and would love to find her. My family also think I am crazy for wanting to find her. She would be younger than me but I still think of her as my family. Just keep loving her and support her the best you know how. And I'm pretty sure things will work out.
I think that's one of the things that hit me the most...do I want to wonder for the rest of my life? I already have a sister 7 years my junior, we don't get on and never have, and a brother who 2 months younger than the potential new sister. I get on with my brother, but I've never experienced a sisterly bond, and I don't think I could live the rest of my life not knowing for sure if she is my sister or not. It really is crazy emotional, and it would indeed be much easier if none of this had happened, but I think she's worth the spiking emotions and fall out with my family. I guess you just have to follow your heart on these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Cato View Post
No advice, but wanted to say I think it is wonderful your heart is so open to her.

This is gift the best gift you can give. If she does turn out to be your sister, I hope you two are able to find a firm bond of sisterhood that is a blessing to you both.
You seem to be coming from the same mindset as my husband, it's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, so thank you. I've lost my footing a few times and panicked, and the only thing that has kept me going is the emotional aspect of things, how beautiful and kind natured this girl is, how she is searching for somewhere to belong and just wants to be part of a family. I just wish my family could feel the same way I do.