View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Yup, it's true that it has to be logged into design space and that is a HUGE drawback for the machine. Being dependent on constant updates for browsers and plug ins seriously limits the machine and if their site is down you can't work off line so you are 100% stuck until you can get connected again. I am wondering if circut will change that in the future. Today they are releasing a big software update so we will see how that works out.

There are pros and cons to each machine. In many areas the circuit has the silhouette beat. As far as software goes, the silhouette is much more versatile, but Cricut is 100x more user friendly right out of the box. It cuts more accurately in print then cut, and it cuts more materials. I do all of my designs in PSE so I didn't really need the software capabilities. It really depends on what you need it for. For digital scrapbooking/hybrid /print then cut, Cricut is fantastic and super fast. I posted a link to a video above showing the two going head to head with the print then cut feature if you want to see why it is so much better.