View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 10:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Always at the end. I do a 2 layer shadow. (One layer is a very small shadow on the opposite side from the main shadow. It helps elements pop.) So after I've shadowed, moving things takes the extra step of selecting both layers. Since I move things around a lot as I scrap, it's more efficient for me to shadow last.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I do a two-sided shadow on some layers too! I use shadow styles I made that use the universal global light angle on the top layer and one that goes the opposite direction on the bottom (lower opacity and shorter). It's mostly a one click process unless I want to change the opacity of the shadow because of the background color (but I have sets of shadows for light and dark backgrounds).

It's always interesting to hear how people approach certain techniques. Most of my pages have well over 100 layers and I don't want to have to touch every layer multiple times. I only customize some layers. Warping on layers that have complex edges doesn't always make a material difference, so I really only target things like ribbons, hardware and papers.