View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 07:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
There is so much talk of this being a big hoax and deaths being staged. It blows my mind that people can be so ridiculous. An acquaintance of ours died just over 2 weeks ago. The first in our state (I believe) from Covid. His wife was in quarantine. She stayed away from everyone for 2 weeks. It was officially over on Saturday. She said she didn't feel right and decided not to go out to the store for supplies like she had planned. On Sunday she said she couldn't taste her food well. No other real symptoms. Still though, having lost her husband to Covid, she wanted to be tested. They refused. Said she wasn't symptomatic so why test. She was probably being paranoid. Her son is a doctor and he tried to get her tested. Finally a university medical center agreed to test her. The positive came back today. While she has no real symptoms right now, she could have been out there spreading it. SO awful!
This kind of talk, that it's a hoax or conspiracy, makes me so angry. The "normalcy bias" that a lot of people have is making it hard for them to believe that something like this is happening, but it is. It is happening to people we know all over the place. My sister-in-law is a nurse at a nursing home where covid is just wreaking havoc. She had to work the covid floor on her overnight shifts this past weekend, and it was horrible. People were dying and she was the only one on the floor besides one other nurse. All their other nurses are out sick with the virus, so they are extremely short-handed. She is brave, but this is so hard. Hugs!

Last edited by allyanne; 04-09-2020 at 12:04 PM.