View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 10:07 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yikes... I feel your pain. My in-laws are the same with my 4 kiddos, especially in the beginning. They always spent way more than we did at Christmas and birthdays. And they live 15 minutes away... was 3 minutes but thankfully we both have moved! Nothing we said worked. They don't listen when the kids (now college and high school age) tell them what they want. (And they ask too!!!) She never asked me what they needed when they were little too.... There are lots of other issues with my in laws. Now my kids are now seeing the issues we have dealt with and are forming their own opinions. She is constantly guilt tripping them and calling all the time. It's horrible. We also deal with my MIL showing big time favoritism towards just two of my kids and a set of twin cousins. My other two kids have always been left out.

I wish I had advise for you.

My parents live in South Dakota, we are in PA. They see them once every 2-3 years and usually listens to me... not always. lol. But luckily they usually jut do gift cards now. My mother used to work at Walmart and used to give the kids lots of cheap junk....

I have tried asking them for experiences instead of material gifts.... maybe that would work for you?

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by StacyLynn; 05-28-2019 at 10:10 AM.