View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 04:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
All of them?

Housework is one of those things that I don't notice when things are only mildly untidy/messy so I don't think about doing it & then things get out of hand and I get overwhelmed at how much there is to do. I'm also an Obliger (Google Gretchen Rubin's The Four Tendencies) which, basically, means I don't feel like I'm worth doing things for but I will do them for other people/if other people hold me accountable so I generally do more housework when my kids are here with me and/or I can involve them in some aspect of the housework.

I find noticing and keeping up on housework extremely anxiety-inducing & stressful so I'm looking into having someone come in a couple times a month for bigger "proper" cleans to make it more manageable for me to keep up between times.
I find it so much easier to keep up with things rather than let it get messy. That totally overwhelms me. Oh, my poor mom and the negative things I am saying about her, but she was a horrible housekeeper and us kids did most of the work. Even after we left home, my sister and I took turns going over to clean her house twice a week or my father, who was a quadriplegic, would have drowned in filth. She just didn't care about that stuff and my dad was tidy, so we had to help as children and adults. Mom came by it honestly as her mom was not much of a housekeeper and neither are her sisters. I will not even go in two of my aunt's homes because they are hoarder dirty and I can't deal with it. A few of my uncles "married" their mother so I stay away from their houses as well. Messy I can handle, but dirty makes my stomach turn. My dad's family all have neat, well kept homes and I would like to think that I take after them cause I do the work, even if I hate it. LOL