Thread: Elf on a Shelf
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
We got ours from a locally owned Hallmark licensed shop. It was about $30. I broke down and bought the Elf on a Shelf DVD also. My daughter watches it pretty much every day, still! And the video does a pretty good job explaining stuff, so watch it (or read the book that comes with the Elf) first before answering your kids questions because I almost messed it up on them! lol. THe video does have an Elf go to a book store "where families adopt elves" so if you see them in your local shops at Christmastime (or if you want to adopt your elf with the kids there) you don't get into a pickle
I made up my own documentation that arrived with the elves. They are from the North Pole Elf Division as part of Operation Child Watch. They came with biographies, a letter to the children explaining how they got on the list to receive an elf, etc. It was a lot of fun. My daughter's friends were all jealous. LOL We had a sleepover and they tied the elves up and put them in the room they were sleeping in. The next morning the elves were untied (with a trail of ribbon leading the girls to the Christmas tree in the next room) and had climbed the tree and put an elf hat at the top over the star. The girls got a huge kick out of that and truly believed they were real after that. I mean, after all, they would have HEARD a human scampering about, right?

Last year for Christmas the elves left the kids a Shutterfly book of their adventures the previous December. It was so much fun. Here's a link to the book if you'd like to check it out. The first pages show the paperwork that came with them. Ignore the fact that it says it was shared by Lupe G. I couldn't let my kids see my name on it anywhere!!

Elf Adventures Book