View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Spin off - Mac file handling questions

I've been a Windows girl since I got my first computer in the 90's. For the last 10 years, I've used a Mac at work. I work in tech and troubleshoot both Windows and Mac in our building but work more with Mac. I use an iMac mini at work during the year and spent last summer working on a MacBook Pro. I have the iMac mini set up for most of my needs and I do use Photoshop at work, but there are still some file handling things I haven't figured out. Maybe someone can help answer some questions for me?

Is there a way to delete a file by selecting it and hitting delete or do you always have to right click and send to trash? That step annoys me immensely even when I click on many files at once to save time.

On Windows when I am browsing photos or graphics I can view extra large thumbnails to see the details better. It is also a super quick process to switch between thumbnail sizes or see file details, etc. When I'm working on my Mac Mini, I find it all cumbersome. When I want to view large thumbnails, I have to go into settings to change the icon size and then my files end up showing up wonky. Is there a good way to view file previews that I'm missing?

There are things I love about a Mac that have made me want to purchase one, but if I am primarily using my computer at home for my coursework and scrapbooking, I need something that is intuitive for me when it comes to file handling. I need to see previews and be able to switch to details without a lot of extra steps. I l have an iPad and an iPhone and I love the handoff features and how I can easily move from one device to another. These things make me happy. I just wish I had better ways to handle my files, particularly when I am trying to see who is in a photo or what the differences are between two similar photos without opening the actual file up.